Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Update

So i went to buy my coupons (newspapers) yesterday at a gas station and they were completely out!  I asked if they had any left, and the man said that there is a lady in the area who is a big couponer and she buys every single paper they have on Sundays plus he orders her an extra 35 newpapers.  Every Sunday.  35+ newspapers.  Ridiculous.  All i wanted was 2 little papers :)

I am LOVING this summer.  Our new deck has made it so perfect.  I love sitting on the deck while Lilly plays in her pool & new swingset!  We are looking forward to vacation in SC again!

Lilly is 2 and 9 months old and is getting so big.  Can't believe I will have a 3 year old in a few months!  Lilly loves:
  • Watching movies...favorites right now are Despicable Me and Gnomeo & Juliet (they are my favorite too!)  Despicable Me=hilarious
  • Reading her books....favorites right now are ALL Berenstein Bear books.  She loves them!  Thank goodness my mom saved all of mine from when i was a kid.
  • Playing, playing, and more playing.  Loves to play with her kitchen, making "food", going to the "store"....very into pretend playing.  Also loves building with blocks.
  • Loves to play outside.  She is definitely an outside kind of girl. 
  • her big girl bed! 
Love my Lilly girl!!  Still missing my Valerie.  Knowing she is waiting on us in Heaven makes everything a little easier :)  Can't wait to see her again!!  If you haven't read Heaven is For Real...please do.  GREAT book! 

3 comments:

Sara said...

Karie- I just read that book. I read it in like 3 hours b/c I couldn't put it down. I loved it! Can't wait to see you guys when you are SC.

- Mighty B said...

Why doesn't the gas station tell the crazy coupon hoarder to contact the newspaper herself? I'm aggrivated for you! If you run into the problem again let me know - we always have an abundance of papers up here. I'd be glad to ship them. :-)

Kait Baumgartner said...

Right now the Indy Star has a deal going on where you can get the Thursday and Sunday papers for only $1 a week! Then you'd only need to smuggle one before the coupon queen haha! I recently started and I'm addicted -- CVS is my favorite place to get things free!!