Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sorry I haven't posted in so long.  I've had a crazy few months including a surgery, 2 hospital stays and radiation.  In late February I had a mastectomy.  After finding the lump on my left breast and finding the cancer on my right breast skin, my doctors deciding removing both breasts was best. They also removed 30+ lymph nodes under my right armpit and a few on the left side.  I have gotten used to not having breasts and find it nice not to put a bra on every day :)  I will not have reconstruction surgery.  I don't want any more surgeries than necessary.  In March I was hospitalized for having fevers.  I stayed for 4 days and they didnt find anything wrong me.  I guess it just had to run its course.

After my hospital stay, my family and I spent a week in FL.  We went to Daytona Beach and stayed in the same hotel we stayed in when I was a kid.  It was a lot of fun except the last few days, the fever came back and I spent the last few days in bed.  As soon as we got back I started 6 weeks of radiation.  It was a looooong 6 weeks driving back and forth to the cancer center every day.  By week 4, my skin was fried.  I finally finished this past Monday and my skin is red and blistering and bleeding.  It will take a few weeks to heal.  I have to keep it covered constantly so it doesn't seep through to my shirts.  Radiation also makes you incredibly tired, so i've been dealing with that as well.

I spent last weekend in the hospital again for dehydration, fever, and nausea.  My blood was also low, so I had to get 2 blood transfusions.  I am home now and recovering.  My mom has been here all week taking care of me and i couldn't be more thankful for her.  Thank you mom for always being here for me and for the kids. We love you so much!

Thank you again for all your prayers and of course I can always use more.  As I've learned over the past 9 months, this is a never-ending battle and it seems once things settle down, something else will happen to change things up again.  It is a constant struggle. 

No comments: