Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas! We had so much fun spending time with family, eating yummy food, and opening gifts on the 24th, 25th, & 26th. My only regret is that we did not make it to Christmas Eve Mass on the 24th. The one day I needed Lilly to nap well....she didn't :( Mass started at 6 in Kokomo, and since Lilly had only slept 30 min. the ENTIRE day...I let her sleep till 5:30 so we would not have to deal with a very cranky and sleep deprived baby all night. We did go straight to my grandparents in Kokomo and had a very fun night there. We had a gift exchange and played Taboo...always fun! Lilly did not get to bed until 11: 30 that night...yikes! She woke up around 9ish on Christmas morning. We opened gifts...Lilly's favorite: comfy pink chair! Then we packed up and went to the Wong's house around 12:30. Lilly napped there. We ate brunch and opened gifts. My favorite: a Keurig coffeemaker! Then we went to my parents in Logansport at 4:30. We were ALL completely exhausted by this point. We ate dinner and opened gifts at around 8:30....did I mention we were exhausted?? Our favorite gift: a Wii!! So we finally got Lilly to bed around 10. She woke up at 1 a.m. with a stuffy nose and I was up with her until 4:3o until I got my mom up to take care of her for awhile. She stayed up with Lil so I could get a few hours sleep. Lilly finally went back to sleep at 7 and slept until 9. Poor baby got a total of 5 hours sleep on Christmas night. I only got 4 :( So the 26th, we were all TIRED, sick, and ready to get home! I think the combination of a cold, different crib & room, and all of the holiday commotion really got to Lil. She always sleeps SO much better in her own room and bed. She won't even sleep with us in our bed!! So that is our Christmas story. I truly had one of the best Christmases ever. I loved seeing Lilly open her gifts and get so excited. I also love all of my wonderful gifts plus I LOVE watching people open up the gifts I got them. Hope yours was wonderful too!

No comments: