Saturday, April 16, 2011

Well I'm about 32.5 weeks now, which just seems crazy!  I have another appointment at St. V's this coming Friday.  Apparently they wanted to make sure the baby made it this far before seeing me again.  So we will go in for a growth scan and to make sure everyone is on the same page for a birth plan.  Please pray that Valerie is still growing.  I feel like I am big everywhere except my belly.  In fact, we went out to dinner the other night and our waitress was 6 months pregnant.  When she found out I was 8 months pregnant, she was very surprised.   She said, "you are so tiny!"  And yes, we looked about the same.  I said that she is very small.  Kyle wondered why I didn't tell her that Valerie was sick.  I never tell anyone that Valerie is sick.  Even at all my market day sales, i pretend that nothing is wrong.  I answer everyone's questions (how far along, due date, name, etc...) with very positive answers and insist that we are so excited.  Should I be doing that?  I don't know, but I feel like I can't get into it all the time and it is nice pretending for a short while that everything is really fine and we are super excited.  

Speaking of out to dinner, Kyle & I tried the restaurant Perkins the other night.  Has anyone ever been there?  It is kind of a restaurant where older people frequent quite often :)  But we tried it, basically because Applebees & Chilis had a 20 minute wait and it was already 8:00!  Anyway...we liked it a lot.  On Wednesday's they have free kids meals & .99 pie slices!!  Their pie is SO GOOD!  We are going to start going every Wed.!  For under $20, we got 2 adult meals, 1 kids meal, and 3 slices of pie (the waitress gave us an extra to take home).  

I will update after our appointment on Friday!  Please keep praying that Valerie hangs in there for another 7 weeks!   

No comments: