Monday, April 4, 2011

What's happening at 30.5 weeks?!

This is something I saw on another blog and thought it was cute! 

How far along: 30.5 weeks
What's up with baby: Valerie is probably just over 2 lbs and is doing well inside my belly!  If only she could stay in here forever.... 
How I am feeling: I am pretty much feeling huge!  For example, getting out of bed and out of the car make me feel like a whale.  I have also started swelling! Thank goodness I had maternity pictures taken already :)  My blood pressure has been high (147/?, 137/81) the past couple of nights, but today at the dr. it was very normal at 120/81. 
Latest cravings: Cereal (but only at night), chocolate, Chinese food, frozen yogurt.  With lilly I craved fruit constantly!!  Valerie likes the yummy stuff :)
Other pregnancy symptoms I've been experiencing: Heartburn, morning sickness (at this point it is here to stay), sleepiness-i'm so tired, yet can't sleep through the night because i wake up at least 4 times a night to go to the bathroom.
Emotions: I am feeling more and more sad as this pregnancy goes on. I have good days and bad and sometimes just can't stop crying.  I know my emotions are all out of whack because I am pregnant, and it doesn't help being in my situation. 
Preparations: I have had maternity pictures taken and have Valerie's outfit.  We have also decided what to do if Valerie passes: arrangements, etc...Still need to:
  • make appointment with our pastor to talk about baptizing Valerie as soon as she is born. 
  • call Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep to schedule a photographer for her birth.
  • pack hospital bags.
Doctors Appointments: Still going to the doctor once a week for heartbeat checks.  In a week or two, will start having full checkups weekly.  I can't believe it is alreay time for that!!!

Please continue to pray for baby Valerie!!!  We know her diagnosis--Trisomy 13, Tetralogy of Fallot, other heart problems, and single umbilical artery--is not good, but we are still praying for a miracle!!  We know that the majority of miscarriages are because of a trisomy early on in pregnancy, which is why we know that Valerie is SO strong and wants to live!!!  She has made it through 30 weeks so far.  There is a reason Valerie was not a miscarriage early on, she was supposed to make it this far and we are supposed to meet her!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsea Corwin said...

We are praying for you and the sweet little one you are carrying!