Monday, May 16, 2011

Thank You

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all of the thoughts, prayers, meals, cards, & flowers we have received.  We are so blessed to have a wonderful family and great friends!  I am still missing Valerie every single day.  I truly just feel like something is missing.  I carried Valerie for 9 months and all of sudden-she was gone.  I did have plenty of time to prepare, but I didn't think about how empty I would suddenly feel.   I'm sure there will always be a feeling that something is missing-no matter how much times passes.  

The wonderful nurse who took care of me at the hospital called me today.  When Valerie was born, they took molds of her hands & feet, and the nurse was calling to inform me that they were done and just beautiful.  She also asked permission to see if she could show off the molds at a bereavement nursing conference this week.  I am so happy that Valerie is already helping others!  Her molds will be at a conference to teach other nurses about how to handle bereavement situations.  I feel so proud of her :)

Lilly has done so well.  She occasionally asks where Valerie is or if i have another baby in my tummy.  She understands that Valerie lives in Heaven with Jesus.  The last few nights she has wanted to sleep with her baby Jesus from her Little People Nativity set, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Valerie or not. 

I will post a picture of Valerie soon :)

No comments: