Monday, October 6, 2014

#wongstrong Benefit!

My benefit was this last Saturday night and it was just amazing.  There were so many people there!  It was so nice to see all of the people who love and care about me. It was also like a mini high school reunion.  People i haven't seen for 10+ years were there in support of me!  Like I said before, it was amazing. 

I am feeling a lot better lately.  I still get sick, but it is not all day long.  If I eat something too heavy it usually comes back up.  And i have to time my anti-nausea medicine perfectly around when I eat.  I have been sticking to soups and jello and crackers and that's pretty much it.  My pain is a lot better.  There is still a lot of pressure on my lower back when I get up, but that is pretty much it for the pain.  Kyle and i went to a couple stores the other day and it was such a good outing.  I used the cart instead of my walker and it just made me feel normal again.  Such a good feeling to feel normal again.  I can't wait to get rid of this walker!! Should only be a couple more weeks.  Once i get rid of the walker and can eat normally, I will be back in business :)  I can't wait to just get up and do things.  Clean up the kitchen, pick something up off the floor, walk up the stairs without assistance!! I am going in this week for another scan of my pelvis.  Please pray that it looks good!!  I also need to start gaining weight.  Believe it or not, I weighed 148 in July.  Right now I am about 115.  And believe it or not, I don't like my new, small body.  I wish I could go back to my normal weight and just be normal again.  But, sigh, this is my new normal.  Tamoxifen every day and shots once a month are my new normal.  But if it is keeping me alive, I'm cool with it!

No comments: