Friday, September 19, 2008

We will have this baby in less than 2 weeks!!!

I went to the doctor this morning and found out that I am 50% effaced and only 1 cm. dialated. Which is good...I am making progress! We also scheduled an induction if I do not have the baby by Sept. 30. I will go in Tues. Sept. 30 at 7 pm to be induced and have the baby on Oct. 1!!! I am so excited about this because actually scheduling when our baby will be here makes it so much more REAL! I am still hoping that I will go into labor by myself before the induction date. I have been having some Braxton Hicks contractions...so we'll see...anything is possible!!

The doctor also measured me again and I am back to only measuring 34 cm. You are supposed to measure the amount of weeks you are pregnant...so I guess I'm back to having a small baby! She said this could be because of a different person measuring me (a nurse measured me last week at 37 1/2 cm) or that the baby has really dropped making me measure less. So...who knows? But I have been scheduled to have an ultrasound on Monday just make sure my fluid is still ok and to find out what the baby weighs.

So next week is my last week of work...very excited about that! And then our baby will be here!

I guess I should write about other stuff other than the baby. Tucker, our dog, had to have a major haircut (shave) last weekend. I was not a good mom and did not brush him for quite some time so he had knots ALL over him. Poor Tuck! He is still cute though. He just has this huge head on this skinny little body!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: