Thursday, December 11, 2008

12/11/08

Wow...I can't believe it has been a whole month since I wrote last! I guess I've been super busy. Lilly will be 3 months old on Christmas Eve! She has been smiling and talking (well...lots of cooing and gurgling, but still talking!) a LOT lately. I absolutely love seeing her smile. She is adorable! She is getting so big too. At her 2 month appt. she weighed 10 lbs 14 oz and was 22 1/2 inches long!!! She is also a great little sleeper. We now definitely have a bedtime routine. At around 9 she gets her bath (Johnson's Bedtime Bath is awesome and we think really works). After she gets her jammies on she eats one more time and then it is bed time! She gets swaddled and her paci and she knows it is time to sleep. She usually lays there for about 15-20 min. before she is out! So she sleeps from around 11 to 7:30/8. She wakes up then for a little snack (eats for about 7 min.) and she is back to sleep until around 10. Yay for sleeping through the night!!

I am now only breastfeeding when she eats her little snack around 7:30 a.m, so I do not have to go downstairs to warm up a bottle. I pump the rest of time. It works out perfectly because she is still getting breastmilk, but she is not dependent on me to eat now. Daddy usually feeds her while I pump a couple of bottles at a time. She takes a bottle so much faster than breastfeeding and seems to throw up a little less. So I keep a couple in the freezer and always 3 in the fridge at a time. Works SO well. She is still throwing up occasionally. I would say once every couple of days. I usually never know when it is coming. But she is happy as could be as soon as she gets done throwing up...smiling and everything. I'm hoping that at 3 months, she stops completely or almost completely.

I am so excited for Christmas! I wish it would snow again. I love snow! Actually only when it is pretty and fresh, not old and slushy. I need to get my Christmas shopping done. I will probably go this Sat. so Kyle can watch Lilly. I think I actually might do some online shopping as well!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great, Karie! So happy to hear that! :) How long are you going to be home for Christmas? I would love to meet that little one!!