Monday, February 28, 2011

The Plan and a 25 Week Picture

Hello Blogger Friends :)

Just got back from the doctor to hear Valerie's heartbeat.  It is SO strong and such a beautiful sound to hear!  We are now going to the doctor weekly for these heartbeat checks.  Please pray that Valerie's heartbeat remains strong!!

After our hard appointment last week, we have discussed all of our options and seem to have settled on a plan for Valerie's birth.  We are going to have a regular vaginal delivery with no monitors on.  This may change at any second....but right now, this is what we feel is right.  We do want Valerie born alive, but we don't feel like the risk of a c-section is something we want.  If it is in God's will that she will be born alive, she will.  With or without monitors.  We have decided that we want her birth to be as peaceful and easy as possible.  I want to spend time with her as soon as she is born without worrying about not being able to hold her or stand up or rip stitches, etc...  This is something I am having a hard time with though.  If we go this route, are we not even giving her a chance???  That is why i say our decision could change at any time.  The inant loss coordinator, who has helped us tremendously, said something last week that I will always remember.  She said, 'these people (pointing to my stomach) will know nothing but love their entire lives.'  This is SO true.  She will never know anger or hurt or sadness.  She will only know love.  And that makes me so happy. 

25 Weeks with baby Valerie

At church yesterday, which was appropriately about Worry, a 2-3 month old baby boy sat right in front of us.  The baby was propped up against his mama's shoulder and stared at kyle and i the entire time.  We would move back and forth, stand up and sit down, and sure enough this baby watched us constantly.  Of course, this made me tear up.  It always hurts seeing a newborn baby for obvious reasons.  But kyle said something that brought even more tears to my eyes.  He said, 'God is speaking to us through that baby.  He is telling us do not give up. That baby is a sign'.  A sign of what exactly?  That we will get to hold our baby like that in a few months?  That we will have other healthy children in our future?  God only knows, and we will find out when the time is right. 

4 comments:

sharkgideon said...

It's okay to change your mind. It's way too much to process at once. You'll make the exact right choice when it's time. No regrets. Plus, you're too busy enjoying your pregnancy and taking care of your wonderful hubby and little princess. Enjoy your family and I'm still praying!

- Mighty B said...

Karie, I found out about your sweet baby through Brittany's blog. Although I can't completely understand what you are going through, I can relate. Hearing that something was wrong with my baby was terrifying, heartbreaking, and made me feel so helpless. I imagine you have gone through a similar range of emotion. I'm so sorry your family is going through this. You are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Kyle, Karie, and Lilly
Uncle John sent me the blog and I am truly sorry to hear about Valerie. I was a Labor and Delivery RN for about 5 years and have experienced loss with parents as a cargiver. I was in a delievery with a newborn with Tetralogy of Fallot although he did not have Trisomy 13 he did well for a week. I will keep you and your family in our prayers especially for Valerie so she is born. I also pray you both can hold her and Lily will see her.
Lily sounds like a great little girl she is very cute.
Again hang in there and you are correct you never know how strong you are until you are tested on your strength.
Love
Cheryl, Bob, Kyle, and Benjamin Knapp
Say hi to your dad and mom for us..

Unknown said...

Kyle & Karie,

Aunt Audrey and I pray for you everyday. We are so sad to hear about Valerie.

I now have the blog address and will follow it regurly.

You both are special people, with a daughter, Lilly who is also very special. It is clear you are great parents with lots of love for each other. Keep that love strong.

I saw in previous posts that we are often tested. You are a strong family, with lots of support that will help you deal with this.

I wish this situation did not exist but togther, it will work out.

Be strong, rely on your faith, family and friends. We are here to help in any way we can.

God Bless and best wishes,

Uncle John & Aunt Audrey