Thursday, March 3, 2011

LILLY!

3 Reasons Why I Don't Want Lilly to Grow Up:

Keep in mind all of these things happened yesterday and she was at school and Grandma Robin's house all day!  Also keep in mind Lilly is only 2 years and 5 months old.

1. Getting in trouble at school:  Apparently Lilly was a "handful" at her bible school yesterday.  We don't know specific details (grandma will find out later), but on her way out the door, her teacher mentioned her being a handful.  I asked lilly what happened at school and she claims she hit a little girl named Nemo??? because she hit her first.  I highly doubt this is true because.....

2. Not telling the truth:  As i was putting Lilly to bed last night she casually mentioned that she ate dog food.  I responded with "WHAT?????" and basically freaked out.  I asked how she got the dog food.  She said Anna, her cousin who is 9 months older, gave it to her.  I even asked her where Anna got it, and she said 'the box.'  Now I believed her because her grandparents do have a dog and she spent the day there with Anna.  I also have a feeling Lilly & Anna are going to get in a lot of trouble together as they get older :)  Anyway, I called her grandma and she insisted that Lilly did NOT eat dog food.  They were never alone together all day long. 

3.  Scared of the dark:  Lilly has never been scared the dark, actually she has never been scared of anything.  So when she woke up at 2:30 this morning saying she was scared because it was dark, I was surprised.  Is it time for a nightlight? 

So, basically Lilly is just growing up way too fast and I want her to stop now!  I feel like just months ago we were worried about potty training, changing to a big girl bed, and getting rid of the paci and now we are worried about getting in trouble at school, lying, and being scared of the dark!!!  Slow down Lilly girl, you are still my baby!!!  I just looooooooove her so much.  She is truly the best thing that has happened to Kyle & I, and we have no idea what we even did before her!   Lilly is 2 going on 10.  She is so funny and says the cutest stuff all day long.  I love that I get to be home with her all day and if she is away she is at one of her grandma's houses or school. 

She loves:
  • Disney movies, especially 101 Dalmations, Snow White, & Toy Story  (I can't wait to give her Bambi on Easter!)
  • Coloring and Stickers
  • Helping mommy do 'work'-she loves vacumming, doing dishes, folding laundry, etc...  I wonder if she will still love it when I actually want her to help me!
  • Her Valerie Bear
  • Anything princess related
  • Her babies
  • Cheese....seriously this girl lives on cheese, milk, and noodles
  • Going to school- She goes every Wednesday morning to a Bible school and next year I have her enrolled in preschool Tues. & Thurs. mornings from 9-11:15!!
  • Stalling a bedtime: She has to go potty, poopy, have a drink, get her paci washed over & over again!
LOVE HER!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Each phase of Lilly's life will be just as wonderful as the one before it. Kelsey is 18 and I so enjoy watching her find her way in the world of college and soon the adult world. Now I will say girls have normally about 2 rough years between age 13 and 17. For Kelsey it was freshman and sophmore years. Hold your ground and you will win the battle. When Kelsey was doing essays for college apps she talked about how important her family was to her but that it was not always that way. She told me that she didn't really like me for those two years.I said "Yes, I know. We didn't really like you either then. However if we only have 2 rough years then I think we are doing pretty good." Enjoy every phase and always remember to never let her see you laugh when you really need to punish her.

Unknown said...

If I was to do all over again I would take more pictures. I took over 600 in the first year and second of our twins boys. Now Kyle and Benjamin are 22 years old, men according to society. In my heart and my mind they are still my babies... although they don't cuddle anymore (that would be weird) they show their love in many ways. I say live in the moment and enjoy every second of the gift God has given you. I remember when the boys were 10, then 16 and now graduating college. Time is precious and should be cherished.