Wednesday, March 23, 2011

29 Weeks!

So this weekend my mom helped me cross two things off my list!  My amazingly talented mother took my maternity pictures.  She has her own business called Mar-K-Z Photography and even a studio!  The pictures turned out so well and i had so much fun being her model for the day!  I will post a few at the end of the post.  You can see the rest on my facebook page or you can "like" her business page: Julie Markz Photography.  I  also ordered Valerie's outfit.  We decided to order from a preemie website knowing she will probably weigh around 4-5 lbs. when she is born.  We ordered the sweetest little white dress, onsie, socks, and slippers.  Can't wait to get it!  I will also post a picture of it. 

Valerie weighs 2 pounds now!  We had an ultrasound yesterday and it was good to see her again.  She was moving around so much, it was hard to get a good face picture.  I am happy she has gained some weight; right now she is measuring about 3 weeks behind.  This was to be expected though.  She is not getting as many nutrients and oxygen as she should be getting because of the single umbilical artery.  Instead of 2 arteries and 1 vein, she has only 1 artery and 1 vein.  I hope that can gain at least 2 more pounds before she is born.  Only 10 weeks to go! 

I was reading a facebook status yesterday announcing a pregnancy, and caught myself thinking- oh man!  i wish i were pregnant!  Then i realized that oh yeah, i am pregnant.  I know i am, i am reminded every day by this sweet little girl kicking me constantly!  But, it doesn't feel the same.  Knowing our baby will not be born alive or will be very, very sick makes it not as real to me.  Just a feeling I had. 
Valerie's Dress
 29 Weeks! 
Taken by Mar-K-Z Photography.


3 comments:

sharkgideon said...

Love those pics! And yes, you are definitely pregnant. That wiggly little girl in there probably reminds you everyday. I was a tiny baby as well. I obviously don't have the genetic situation Valerie has, but I also lost nutrients while in my mother's womb and only weighed 2 lbs. when I was born. Don't worry if she's small. BIG things (and good things) come in small packages. :-) *hugs*

Laura Beth said...

Hi there--found your blog very randomly and have become smitten with your love for the Lord and your strength. I'm assuming you are a hoosier bc of the St. V's mention, as am I. I recently had a good friend go through a similiar situation with you and am enamored with your strength. My name is Laura and I will be reading and praying for a miracle--however big or small the Lords sees. Nice to meet you. :)

Unknown said...

what a beautiful pregnant belly:) you look so pretty!