Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random Thoughts :)

So i've decided to get back into my deal shopping.  When i found out about Valerie, clipping coupons and planning out trips to the store was totally the last thing on my mind.  But, we are running out of our stockpile of toiletries.  Kyle is down to only 2 deodorants!  It's funny, i only shop the good deals for toiletries.  I think doing that to buy groceries would be way too time consuming.  Anyway, I started clipping the coupons again this weekend and it feels good.  Good that I'm doing something to take my mind off of our situation and the upcoming couple of months, and good that I'm saving money and doing something good for our family.  It really is amazing how much you save by using coupons!  Although we are very brand-loyal which makes it a little difficult since we won't use just anything. 

Last Saturday night, we were in the guest room (was supposed to be Valerie's room) cleaning.  Lilly was in there with us and said, 'this is Valerie's room!', and i just started crying.  Hearing her say things like that is just so heartbreaking.  She understands that there is supposed to be a little sister coming to live with us soon.  Sometimes I wish she didn't understand. 

I am still feeling Valerie move around like crazy!  I love it!!  I hardly ever felt Lilly move at all because her placenta was in the front acting like a pillow between me & her.  So feeling all of these movements are amazing, and I know it is her way of letting me know she is in there and she is a fighter!  Last night we were laying in bed, and you could just see my belly moving....so cool.  We get to have another ultrasound next tuesday to see how big she is and how she is doing so i can't wait for that!  All of these ultrasounds are ways for us to see our daughter as much as we can before she is not with us anymore so we loooooove them.  We also love all the pictures.  I need to work on getting her an album to put her many ultrasound pictures. 

Please pray for Lisa, who just lost her son to Trisomy 18.  Her blog is http://lisahusmann.wordpress.com/.  I know they did everything they could for their baby boy, but after 2 weeks, discovered he wouldn't be able to live without the ventilator.  Please add the Husmann family to your prayer list.  I am back to praying for a miracle for Valerie.  I don't want to be unrealistic, but if Valerie could just be born perfectly healthy with only 10 toes, a healthy heart, and no signs of trisomy 13, I will be absolutely thrilled :) 

1 comment:

Chelsea Corwin said...

Thanks so much for the sweet note yesterday! I was thinking of you guys and praying for you a lot this past week and I hope you are doing okay. Praying for a miracle!